    SubjectRe: Bottom Handles/soft irqs/timer interrupts/SMP .....

    > So if you can't handle the IPI when you get it, set a flag and trap on the
    > next sti. It certainly sounds like broken hardware to me and it can be
    > worked around, can't it ?

    We should not do such a hack in a performance critical area.

    > Maybe we should have a version of smp_call_function that uses softirqs
    > (unless those are broken on sparc as well ;) ) and use the old version for
    > the very performance-sensitive parts only ?
    > Putting all tests for smp_call_function in the timer interrupt code doesn't
    > make any sense at all to me.

    smp_call_function is only used in the slab code. I was under the impression
    it wasnt going to be used in generic code. In fact I removed it completely
    from the sparc32 tree.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.021 / U:76.620 seconds]