    SubjectRe: Off-Topic (or maybe on-topic)
    On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

    > Reports are that Microsoft has been broken into. Although
    > Microsoft spokesmen deny it, reports are that the source-
    > code for Windows/2000 (professional) has been copied to
    > a country in the former Soviet Union.
    > I thought that this stuff had already been "released", but
    > nobody wanted it because they couldn't read it.

    Yes, true.

    I hope nobody will buy Microsoft products from now on, now that they are
    not only filled with internal bugs but also with external ones introduced
    by the guys from Leningrad... :)

    But it is probably Microsoft's own original way of "releasing source under
    GPL". Maybe they don't have the guts to admit that the proprietary
    software model (in OS market, where Linux dominateth!) is a failure so
    they make it look like some script-kiddie posted their source listings on
    the Usenet (or wherever he is going to post them?) and so they "have no
    choice but to release windoz under GPL" :)

    PS. Leningrad is the old historical name of the modern St. Petersberg but
    we "old-timers" do still call it Leningrad, it seems more appropriate than
    all those "modern" name-changes... ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:43    [W:0.021 / U:3.480 seconds]