SubjectRe: QLOGIC Fibre Channel init
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Klaus Naumann wrote:

> I was having some little trouble with the QLOGIC Fibre Channel SCSI
> cards.
> The issue is, that I have a box with an internal SCSI controller/disk
> and a QLOGIC card which is connected to an external RAID. The probelm
> is, that the internal disk is my root disk but is the second in the
> chain (sdb) after bootup. This gives a lot of problems, because it's
> impossible to get the system to boot (LILO isn't working).
> Since I've modified the hosts.c it's working perfectly (at least the
> order is better now). Patch is attached.
> Can anyone give a comment on that please ?

Hello,
Your patch would be good, but there is another simple method.
Did you happen to make the BIOS of Qlogic FC adapter enable to
boot the machine?
If so, while POST, timely hit 'Ctrl + Q', and disable boot
ability in BIOS setting of it.

--
"Where there is a will, there is a way." jinbo21@hananet.net
For the future of you and me! hitel: jinbo21