    SubjectRe: Updated 2.4 TODO List -- new addition WAS(test9 PCI resource collisions (fwd)
    Hello!

    [Sorry for the delay, I've been ill for two weeks and now I'm trying hard
    to catch up with the huge pile of mail...]

    > I'm not certain of the details but I do know that it is legal.
    > To date I've only heard of it on ISA bridges, in particular the PIIXE.
    > It's some kind of passive listening mode as opposed to actually claiming
    > the bus cycles.

    Yes, this is called subtractive address decoding, but as far as I remember,
    the PCI specifications allow only one subtractive decoder in the system
    which is in 99% of cases the ISA bridge.

    Jamal, can you send me "lspci -vvxxx" results on both 2.2 and 2.4, please?

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> <mj@suse.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    "Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." -- S. Cray