SubjectRe: interaction between kernel and glibc
So what are these unusual conditions? Why would I not need to recompile?
If the interface changes then glibc will need recompiling and as
far as I can see, the kernel interfaces change relatively often,
particularly in the development tree. Moreover, how does one tell
which kernel the C library was built against anyway?

Thanks,

Richard

Mark Hahn wrote:

> > to the kernel, as I am currently running 2.4.0-test9. The version of
> > glibc is 2.1.3 and was
> > installed via an rpm from rpmfind.net. The symptoms of the problem are
>
> perhaps you should get the rpm from an official RH mirror.
> I'm running 2.1.3 with no problem at all (on most every dev
> kernel for a long, long time). perhaps also consider possible
> interaction with other components, such as ld.so, ncurses, etc.
> even hardware, or timekeeping daemons.
>
> you DEFINITELY do not need to recompile glibc except under
> unusual conditions...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.045 / U:0.060 seconds]