    SubjectRe: Microsoft Withdraws Linux NTFS Threats
    Andre Hedrick wrote:

    > I went to slashdot.org to read the story.
    >
    > There was a historical referrence, in the beginning, that implies that I
    > was accussing Microsoft of using Linux code. The reality was that I
    > offered to help them with the solution I was working on because of the
    > huge mess that the great taskfile debate brought out.
    >
    > People were pointing out that because I was exposing how to abuse it in
    > the kernel and that a policy of preventing harmfal combinations was not
    > acceptable. Since this information could/would/did spill over to the
    > script kiddies, I thought it was the better part of valor (sp) to inform
    > an aquaintance at Microsoft of the potential problem that they could see.
    >
    > Only because I respect that person (at MS) did I even consider discussing
    > the issue.
    >
    > If they want to take a jesture of kindness and twist it to imply I am
    > blackmailing them, Bill's view of the world is very sinical (sp).

    You were not mentioned in this context from Dan. These statements came from
    someone else up there who called me on his cell phone after sitting in a meeting
    with some folks. Apparently, there was a third party of some sort involved. I am
    only speculating, but letting it die would be best. I have no idea what you said
    to them outside of the email you copied me on. I only know what they communicated
    to me.

    Jeff'

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Andre Hedrick
    > The Linux ATA/IDE guy
    >
    > PS. I am not an english major be a former astronomer, so do not send me a
    > grade on my grammer and spelling.
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.030 / U:1.424 seconds]