    SubjectRe: Quota fixes and a few questions
    Juri Haberland wrote:
    > "Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi Jan,
    > >
    > > On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 02:56:20PM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
    > > >
    > > > So I've been thinking about fixes in quota (and also writing some parts).
    > >
    > > While we're at it, I've attached a patch which I was sent which simply
    > > teaches quota about ext3 as a valid fs type in fstab. It appears to
    > > work fine for me --- let me know if you want me to validate a new
    > > quotautils on ext3.
    > Hi Stephen,
    > actually using quotacheck with these patches on an ext3 partition
    > results in:
    > quotacheck: error while opening /dev/sda3 (which is the file system in
    > question)
    > Just using the first to (sub-)patches works for me.

    Hi again,

    I stumbled into another problem:
    When using ext3 with quotas the kjournald process stops responding and
    stays in DW state when the filesystem gets under heavy load. It is easy
    to reproduce:
    Just extract two or three larger tar.gz files at the same time to a ext3
    filesystem with activated quotas...

    Unfortunately there's nothing in the logs :-(

    Some general system infos:
    reproduced on two different systems, one UP, one SMP
    both kernel 2.2.17 + NFS-patches + ext3-0.0.2f
    journal size 20MBytes

    Any idea?

    system engineer innominate AG
    clustering & security networking people
    phone: +49-30-308806-45 fax: -77

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.024 / U:67.436 seconds]