    SubjectRe: [BUG]: Ext2 Corruption in test10pre3 (incl. Oops)
    Alexander Viro wrote:

    > See another posting. More or less the same analysis. I don't see
    > where it came from and it smells funny - looks like a loss of ->b_count
    > _or_ an active page returned by alloc_page() (to grow_buffers()). I
    > wouldn't exclude the latter, BTW, but then I'm still not too familiar with
    > Rik's changes to VM, so it's just a nodding to the area I don't grok right
    > now.
    >
    > > Udo, any idea what you are doing differently than anybody else to see
    > > this thing? Any special usage patterns that seem to bring on the trouble?
    >
    > BTW, sorry for a stupid question, but... was it the first oops? If it was
    > an aftermath of something else...

    X wasn't executing any commands anymore, so I switched over to a text console
    and dmesg only showed this one oops after the bootup stuff. Your guess that
    there might be memory corruption somewhere is probably not too far off, because
    I occasionally have a broken ld-cache, in which case several programs suddenly
    stop working. Running "ldconfig" immediately fixes that problem.

    Whether it's VM-related or broken ram I cannot say, although I'd bet that
    it's the former.

    -Udo.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.020 / U:29.624 seconds]