SubjectRe: New Benchmark tools, lookie looky........
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> You do not understand the nature of what the test can generate.
> We can decode the sweep pattern now.
> Instead of 0->End of drive.
> PlatterOD->PlatterID top
> PlatterOD->PlatterID bottom.
> This will get us zone-profiles an determine where the sweet spots are on
> a given disk are and make a record. We whould reload the profile of the
> drive at INIT.
> Will explain more later, I have my two-year old in my lap asleep.

So care for him/her and don't wake him/her up ;)

Are you aware that - for DOS and Win9x - there is a similar project,
closed-source, but free for personal use, by the German Heise publishing

It's called h2bench and available at,
comes with German, Dutch and English documentation.

Also, how does your software relate to ZCAV by Russell Coker?

Matthias Andree