    SubjectRe: New Benchmark tools, lookie looky........
    On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

    > You do not understand the nature of what the test can generate.
    > We can decode the sweep pattern now.
    >
    > Instead of 0->End of drive.
    >
    > PlatterOD->PlatterID top
    > PlatterOD->PlatterID bottom.
    >
    > This will get us zone-profiles an determine where the sweet spots are on
    > a given disk are and make a record. We whould reload the profile of the
    > drive at INIT.
    >
    > Will explain more later, I have my two-year old in my lap asleep.

    So care for him/her and don't wake him/her up ;)

    Are you aware that - for DOS and Win9x - there is a similar project,
    closed-source, but free for personal use, by the German Heise publishing
    company?

    It's called h2bench and available at ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/,
    comes with German, Dutch and English documentation.

    Also, how does your software relate to ZCAV by Russell Coker?
    See http://www.coker.com.au/zcav/
    and http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/

    --
    Matthias Andree