SubjectRe: three kernel trees?
"Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:

> Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> >
> > "Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:
> >
> > > Alan,
> > >
> > > Were Linux to go totally modular in 2.5, development cycles will be
>
> > changes creap into the kernel that increase the time to a stable version. Making
> > the TODO list before instead of at the end would probably make people concentrate
> > on the same thing.
>
> Linus stated in an email a month or so back modularity was something he
> really would like to see happen. Let's see just how serious he really
> is when 2.5 comes down the pipe.
>

> > Just another thought.
>
> Jeff
> -

I totally agree, I'm really wondering if the current API would allow to create a tree
which would contain only
files needed on machine..... Typically i never use sparc or mips file in kernel
compilation. I'm dreaming of a day
when i could download these different parts:
Kernel core source
x86 specific part
any driver i need

A few tar -xvzf later i'd got a working kernel, with no space lost on my HD.

--
%--IRIN->-Institut-de-Recherche-en-Informatique-de-Nantes-----------------%
% FORT David, %

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:1.551 / U:0.036 seconds]