Subjectfollowing the mountd code in nfs-utils

How do I step through the mountd program ? gdb doesn't allow me to do it.

If someone understands that code, could you please send me a briefing
on the code flow.

Thanks.

Samar

[root@nbv-pc-1 mountd]# gdb mountd
GNU gdb 4.18
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux"...
(gdb) list
381
382 return elist;
383 }
384
385 int
386 main(int argc, char **argv)
387 {
388 char *export_file = _PATH_EXPORTS;
389 int foreground = 0;
390 int port = 0;
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/src/nfs-utils-0.2.1/utils/mountd/mountd
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

Program exited normally.

At 05:42 PM 10/17/2000 +0200, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > Does anyone know where is svc_run() defined ? This is used in
> > mountd.c Also, where is xdr_sendmsg() defined. This is used in
> > rmtcall.c
>
>[trondmy@fyspc-epf03 trondmy]$ nm /lib/libc.so.6 | grep svc_run
>00101024 T svc_run
>You should normally find it in declared in /usr/include/rpc/svc.h
>
>As for xdr_sendmsg(), I have no record of any such function being used
>in nfs-utils-0.2.1. Are you sure that isn't something #defined in one
>of your /usr/include files?
>
>Cheers,
> Trond
>-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.040 / U:0.060 seconds]