    SubjectWhy no HPT370 RAID Support?

    I was just wondering if there was some reason why the HPT370's RAID
    capabilities weren't supported in the enhanced IDE patch for 2.2.*? Or if
    support for its RAID capabilities were being worked on. I noticed FreeBSD
    also appears to fail to support its RAID features so I am partially inclined
    into thinking that its RAID capabilities are done in software and thats why
    its RAID support hasn't been added. However from reading its specs on its
    web page it appears to be a hardware solution. Is it just a lack of
    documentation? Or will its RAID capabilities be added to Linux? Thanks for
    your help.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.025 / U:161.320 seconds]