Subject(Re: Why no HPT370 RAID Support?) Promise FasTrak, AMI HyperDisk

I answered this before, but here it is again. This is a software BIOS mix.
Without knowing the location and format of the RAID signature, Linux will
walk all over it. It is not and has never ever bin hardware raid.

Cheers,

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Linux Kernel Developer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if there was some reason why the HPT370's RAID
> capabilities weren't supported in the enhanced IDE patch for 2.2.*? Or if
> support for its RAID capabilities were being worked on. I noticed FreeBSD
> also appears to fail to support its RAID features so I am partially inclined
> into thinking that its RAID capabilities are done in software and thats why
> its RAID support hasn't been added. However from reading its specs on its
> web page it appears to be a hardware solution. Is it just a lack of
> documentation? Or will its RAID capabilities be added to Linux? Thanks for
> your help.
>
> -

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:2.028 / U:0.016 seconds]