    SubjectRe: big ECN push
    On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, bert hubert wrote:

    >> > In other words, being able to just turn on ECN for localhost and your
    >> > internal network isn't likely to be terribly useful.
    >> Being able to turn ECN on/off for specific routes would be very
    >> useful. Currently we have to turn ECN off for systems connected to
    >> the Internet because there are bad routers out there. But I know
    >Well, I think that we need to make some kind of PR push about ECN. Linux
    >right now has enough clout and respect to be able to be used as a
    >'Technology Push' argument - and it shouldn't be that hard. Write some
    >articles on how Linux is innovating, and how Cisco and others are standing
    >in the way of progress.

    I can see the /. headline right now:

    Cisco holds back Linux network innovation
    from the peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich-dept

    Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open source advocate
    Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
    Copyright 2000 all rights reserved

    Looking for Linux software?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.046 / U:0.052 seconds]