    Subject[success!] Re: test10-pre1 problems on 4-way SuperServer8050
    On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

    > On 12 Oct 2000, David Wragg wrote:
    > > Ok. I'll wait for feedback from Tigran, and if I don't get anything
    > > negative I'll submit to Linus. The 2.2 version of my patch fixes
    > > problems for other people, VA Linux have included it in their kernel
    > > for a while with no problems that have been reported back to me), and
    > > it's silly that it isn't in 2.4testX. I should have addressed this a
    > > while ago, but I have my own distractions from kernel hacking.
    > >
    > > Later on, you can send a mtrr.c maintenance patch, if you like.
    > >
    > > I've just caught up on this whole thread, and I don't have any
    > > objections in principle to Zoltan's patch being used instead of mine,
    > > though I'd like to take a look at it first.
    >
    > David, sorry I didn't know that your patch is fundamentally different from
    > Zoltan's. I will now re-test with your patch and see if it makes my
    > eepro100 "instabilities" go away.
    >
    > The performance problems went away as I said earlier, by fiddling with
    > cache settings in the BIOS. (with and without Zoltan's patch my machine is
    > now as fast as it can be)

    hmmm, very interesting... It looks like your patch fixed all the remaining
    problems. I.e. not only my 6G is now fast (it was without your patch) but
    all the eepro100 interfaces now _always_ (tried 4 reboots) come up
    functioning.

    Your patch is now a permanent part of my tree, thank you! :)

    Thanks,
    Tigran

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:2.245 / U:0.216 seconds]