    SubjectRe: What is up with Redhat 7.0?
    On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 03:27:41PM +0200, Martin Dalecki <> wrote:
    > Get real: RedHat owns cygnus and cygnus owns GCC so what do you complain
    > about? It's up to them to decide which compiler is stable or which

    Now that's the problem. Claiming that redhat owns gcc (which is owned by
    the FSF) is one of the major points in this discussion. I am sure you just
    made a joke, but I miss the smileys...

    > And then there is - so wht's up with the glibc?

    The same, see above :( Go through the changelog and you will see that
    drepper is by far not the only coder. Hey, I even see @suse in there. A
    lot! So what's up with glibc? Did you fell for some company's marketing
    droids? Surely you didn't...

    > I can understand redhat somehow. There are good reasons for them to take
    > even CVS snaps and ship them instead of *very* outdated so called stable
    > versions.

    I wouldn't mind, either, if this didn't mean that programs compiled
    on rehdat need redhat versions of the development toolchain / runtime
    environment to use them :(

    The choice of a GNU generation |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.034 / U:189.328 seconds]