    SubjectRe: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"
    Hi,

    On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 01:44:04 -0500, tytso@mit.edu said:

    > My understanding is that reseirfs suffers from the same VM issues as
    > ext3; both currently don't coexist well with soft-RAID (i.e. /dev/md),
    > because of different assumptions about how the buffer cache works, and
    > what devices like the MD devices are allowed to do.

    There are other problems as well: on smaller machines, we don't have any
    way for the "pinned" buffers associated with transactions to be flushed
    early in response to memory pressure, for example.

    There are a few such VM issues which have to be addressed before we can
    get rock-solid journaling in the kernel.

    --Stephen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.020 / U:0.400 seconds]