SubjectRe: IRQ problem w. Cardbus card
Date
In <20000130011157.S671@ostenfeld.dk> Jakob Østergaard <jakob@ostenfeld.dk> writes:

>I'm debugging the 3c575_cb.c driver on my laptop, and have probably identified
>the problem that makes it not work: Interrupts seem to not get delivered.

>It worked sort-of in 2.2.10, and it hasn't worked in the latest 2.3.4[01]
>kernels.

FWIW, I have been having very similar problems with this CardBus NIC in
some Compaq Armada laptops we recently started using at work. I'm using
IRQ 7 for the cards - it seemed to be the only one that would work at
all - and whenever there is some load of the network, I get a driver
message that the transmission timed out, and it purges the transmit
queue. Then it usually works again for a bit.

I am using kernel 2.2.14 and pcmcia-cs 3.1.8 or 3.1.9 (cannot remember
for sure - will check, if needed).

If I can be of any help in debugging the problem, let me know. We've
got a bunch of these systems and it would be nice to have them working.

--
Henrik Storner | "Software engineering is a race between engineers
<storner@image.dk> | who try to create foolproof software and the