       From: Russell King <>
    Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:36:32 +0000 (GMT)

    I've just been investigating why TCP SYNs from an ARM box running 2.3.41
    seem to be corrupted. Some bytes in the packet seem to be offset by 3,
    others by 2.

    Wait, if they are corrupted, you may have spotted another bug as

    The networking never has, and probably never will, guarentee the
    alignment of packets. This means that all of your checksum support
    needs to handle completely arbitrary alignment cases.

    The networking also requires that unaligned load/store will work
    in the kernel. If you don't handle this, then IPX, Appletalk, and
    some of the other more esoteric protocols will simply not work
    on your platform.

    So does the ARM code handle this?

    Why is this '+ 15' here anyway? Can someone shed some enlightenment on it?
    Also, can this go into the kernel for 2.3.42 please?

    Yes, this is a bug. And as Alexey has stated we'll get a fix
    into 2.3.42

    But please clear us up on the issues I've raised above.

    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.018 / U:0.604 seconds]