    SubjectRe: power managing maestro.c 0.14 available.
    > If /dev/dsp is closed, and all the input mixers are zeroed, and all the
    > outputs are at max volume... there still isn't any sound.

    what about a playing CD? the analog audio outs on the cd are hooked
    up to the analog bits of the ac97. maestro.c currently has no way
    of knowing if that stuff is making noise or not. now, if you add
    _output_ mixers being zeroed to the requirement then you can safely
    power down everyone involved.

    > It might be nice to add a notifier chain specifically for CD drivers to
    > say when they're playing something and when they're not. Something very

    If this could be made reliable I'd be all for it :) I'd worry about
    sketchy drives. I know the drive in my laptop does very wacky things
    on coming back from resume. [given the behaviour of varios cd players,
    it sesms that requests to play still work, but track queries don't.
    not that I've really investigated]

    Zach Brown <> -- Software Princess

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.018 / U:29.404 seconds]