    SubjectRe: Intel 810 Random Number Generator
    sottek wrote:
    > As a first attempt at kernel programming I've written a driver for
    > the Hardware Random number generator available on Intel 810 systems.
    > If anyone cares, I can provide a document in which Intel waves all
    > copyrights and grants me right to do whatever I please with this
    > code which was developed on my own time (I am an Intel employee).

    That task is easier now that the docs for the RNG are public :)

    > In it's current state it compiles and runs against kernel 2.3.X
    > (AFAIK) but isn't really useful. Here's the theory of operation, and
    > some ideas for making it useful. Some of these ideas were already
    > discusses with Alan and Ted (without code) before I had the waver.

    Is it feasible to offer a compile-time option which simply replaces
    /dev/random? Or maybe have the RNG driver be an add-on, which is
    triggered by a kernel timer to add data to the kernel entropy pool every
    N ms. I like the internal test, BTW.

    Off to read the driver...

    Jeff Garzik | Andre the Giant has a posse.
    Building 1024 |
    MandrakeSoft, Inc. |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.021 / U:63.172 seconds]