SubjectRe: LMC support

Hi,

I'm the LMC guy doing the driver.

Currently we only do syncppp/chdlc since we use the kernels syncppp
module. I (LMC included) would love to do frame realy. I've taken a very
quick look at the frame relay module but it seems like there's a LAT of
work to add frame relay support. With everyones time being limited I've
had to tackle more pressing issues.

We're currently looking at a few optoins though the most promessing one
seems to be buying a closed source frame relay stack from one of our
parteners. :( I'de hate to have to do this, so if anyone can provide
pointers at docs or ideas on how to add fr to the driver I'de greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andrew

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> Do these cards finally support frame relay? Last version I saw in Sept
> could not do it.
>
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Zachary DeAquila wrote:
>

> > Alan's diary notes that a few days ago he integrated the LMC cards into 2.2.x...
> > when will this make it to 2.3.x? should I do it myself? the extant drivers on
> > LMC's website don't seem to address the problem. Do I need to contact Lanmedia
> > about this?
> >
> > I am glad to see more WAN card drivers make it into the kernel though; linux PC's
> > as cheap routers can do nothing but good for the router market.
> >
> > --Z
> >

> > -
> >

> -

---
Andrew Stanley-Jones | "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
http://www.ksirc.org/ | -- Walt Disney
http://www.cban.com/ |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.598 / U:0.100 seconds]