SubjectRe: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM
> > performs materially better under extreme load. Do your tests with both apache
> > and thttpd (
> >
> > I think the comparison is probably the interesting part for showing how
> > degradation is app dependant
> >
> if we should uncover something that appears to be a problem in the kernel, will people
> listen if the testcase that found it was SPECweb99, or will we wind up down the same
> rathole we've been down recently? I'm hoping we can find something that people won't

A benchmark shows how well we do something. Having got the numbers the question
becomes "what does it show in real life". Its true of all benchmarks. If it
shows stuff impacting real world situations then it makes sense to look at it,
especially if fixing it doesn't harm common paths.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.088 / U:3.988 seconds]