SubjectRe: Linux scheduler, overscheduling performance, threads

> Linux doesnt run on any 128 CPU machines, so it would be bad to tune for it.
> You want 256 threads on a 128 cpu box, ok no argument

Ok, 4 cpu machines are "not unreasonable", so optimizing for 8 threads
is okay, is it?

And IIRC, at the begining of discussion there was patch which made
things few percent slower for case of two runable processes, but
started to be faster at 3, and was much faster for more.
I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents me at