SubjectRe: [linux-fbdev] [ANNOUNCE] vesafb full VBE 2.0 support
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Looks cool, but do you need an extra device?

Currently yes.

> You should add custom ioctls to /dev/fb for this purpose if at all
> possible...

Hmm. now that I think about it, that could work. My very first solution
was proc-based then I went for ioctls but dropped it for the
device. Guess I had some brain damage going on there because I was trying
to send file descriptor of a pipe via ioctl to vesafb. And that was
obviously a horrible approach but you could simply sleep in the ioctl and
do all the communication that way.