SubjectRe: scsi tape: does kernel give wrong info to cpio?
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Giulio Orsero wrote:

> I'm posting here because redhat/bugzilla moved my bug report
> from cpio to kernel, so they think this is a kernel/scsi issue.

Scsi tape problems should be discussed in either linux-scsi or linux-tape
list.

Cpio clearly does not like the return value it gets when the second tape
is inserted. To find out what the problem is, you can:
- look at the system logs if there are any messages related to tape
- enable debugging in the SCSI tape driver and see what it prints (either
from system logs or with the dmesg utility) (you can enable the
debugging messages by editing the driver source linux/drivers/scsi/st.c
(#define DEBUG 1) and recompiling the kernel)

Kai

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:1.169 / U:0.060 seconds]