    SubjectRe: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM

    > The patch is coded for 2.3.5 until 2.3.20.

    I still like to see it. Post it again. I just don't want to go searching
    threw the linux archives for it.

    > When I speak about number of processes I speak as loaded testing processes,
    > not runqueue processes.

    Okay.

    > Even in my test the average number of runnable is from 15 to 35.
    > And remember that my patch has no optimization for CPU cache lines, etc..
    > I think that supplied with that kinds of optimizations the results will be
    > even better the ones I measured.

    Right. I love to see the results on my machine :)

    > I'm interested in the measuring system implemented by IBM coz I've not spent
    > a lot of time in my testing console.
    > IBM guys also have my patch from 2-3 months ago.

    Cool. I seen a post about LTT. Time to take a look at it.

    Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
    James Simmons (o_
    fbdev/gfx developer (o_ (o_ //\
    http://www.linux-fbdev.org (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
    http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:225.700 seconds]