    SubjectRe: drivers/telephony and winmodems

    > On other Unixen (and the Non-functional Telephony platform) every CTI vendor
    > has their own interfaces (someone say "TAPI". I need a good
    > laugh). With

    TAPI :-)

    > nothing to apply suitable pressure they are going to do the same on Linux,
    > when they finally wake up and get serious about it. Some vendors (e.g. Pika
    > and NMS) have had beta drivers for months, with little progress. It is unclear
    > what their real intentions are. Dialogic looks like it is about to enter the
    > frey, with more beta drivers. Again its intentions are unclear, but I'm damned
    > certain a core intention is to keep everything as proprietary as possible.
    > A strong framework being pushed from within Linux development itself might
    > mitigate this somewhat. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

    Are not current "winmodems" serious competition to so-called telephony
    devices? They tend to be cheap...
    I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents me at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:8.560 seconds]