SubjectRe: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Blu3Viper wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I don't quite follow why people aren't bitching and screaming at
> > above.net for filtering people connecting to their ports. I know I'd be
> > _extremely_ annoyed to discover my ISP was doing any kind of filtering...
>
> To my knowledge, above.net is filtering for -their own- servers. They
> certainly are not filtering everything.

Uhm, then why all the fuss about blind-filtering and being stuck in
someone's IP addy space? If their own servers are filtering out traffic from
ORBS, then block those servers. People in their address space who run their
own domains/servers/etc shouldn't be affected by that. If you use their
servers for your service, then bitch at them. Otherwise, just run your own. :)

Stephen

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans