    SubjectRe: vger rejecting messages from mediaone (ORBS is evil)
    On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Daniel R. Kegel wrote:

    > Consider a netblock of commercial customers of an ISP, all of
    > which are operating their own mail hosts. The ISP requests
    > that ORBS not scan his netblock. ORBS lists the netblock as
    > "unscanned". (This is the current situation.)

    No. ORBS is proactively blocking address space when someone doesn't let
    them scan for open hosts. All of our sites hosted by VA are under the
    blacklist now because ORBS has decided that all address space is
    at fault because won't let ORBS scan the mail servers.

    None of the VA hosted sites has open relays and they are listed in the ORBS
    db as 'good' sites. All of them however are blacklisted due to the address
    space use.

    Global blacklisting is simply bad. It hurts more than it's helping.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.027 / U:7.516 seconds]