    SubjectRE: Possible memory detection problem on 2.2.14
    I don't believe this is a kernel problem. I had a similar experience with the
    2.2.13 kernel when I flashed my Abit BH6 v1.1 BIOS to the latest image. After
    eliminating the other possiblities (I had added more RAM at the same time), I
    flashed back to the original image and all the RAM was detected automatically
    again. I am a little mystified as to the mechanism, but I was sufficiently
    careful in my troubleshooting to believe the BIOS is the problem, and your note
    confirms this.

    I'd recommend you send a note to Abit telling them to undo whatever change
    they've made to RAM detection/initialization for all their most recent BIOSes.

    On 13-Jan-2000 Aaron Longfield wrote:
    > Hello:
    > I upgraded to 2.2.14 and the kernel doesn't find all my memory anymore.
    > I have 128M on an Abit BX6r2 motherboard using the latest BIOS (bxrnw).
    > The BIOS reports the full 128M, but Linux only finds 64M. If I pass the
    > kernel "mem=128M" it gets all my RAM though. My kernel config is
    > attached. Everything was fine on 2.2.13, and other boxes I have on 2.2.14
    > all the memory is found (also 128M machines, different motherboards
    > though).
    > -Aaron Longfield

    Brian Hall <>
    Linux Consultant

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.020 / U:98.864 seconds]