SubjectRe: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Sean Hunter wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 12:51:06PM -0500, Kristofer T. Karas wrote:
> > Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > > The order is approximate priority. It may also not be totally accurate.
> > > Suggestions/fixes welcome.
> >
> > Until some kind soul submits an elegant fix, I will take even a completely
> > buggered fix for anything that makes it impossible to even run a 2.3.x kernel;
> > the one that affects me (and anybody else out there???) is the MD driver:
> > * "Got md request, not good..."
> > I can't even boot up /sbin/init. :-(
> > If RAID 0.90 addresses this, fine; but if not, or that isn't going in for
> > awhile, then I would sure hope that the popular work-around floating about (or
> > some facsimile) will be applied in the interim.
>
> Could someone who knows just inform us why the "new" raid stuff that I
> have had working on my production servers for at least 6 months isn't
> in the dev kernel? This situation means that I can't test the dev
> kernels, and I have an alpha and an smp i386 sitting lagrely idle...

Hi,

If you look back a little in the archives, you'll find Ingo's last
comments wrt raid status. I don't have the message handy, but he
said the word `fundamental' in a context which I interpreted to mean
that it needs some serious updating. [I think he was refering to
raid-5 then, because raid-0 and raid-1 are still rrrock solid here
at 2.3.39 with no logic changed (why it still works:) since 2.1.131.]

-Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.058 / U:0.468 seconds]