SubjectRe: February 30th 2000
"Daniel Lafraia" <lafraia@iron.com.br> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> This year we're going to have the day February 30th and neither Linux, AIX,
> Windows NT, 98, 95 know this problem. Feb30th happens each 400 years (Last
> time we had that was year 1600). There's a webpage (in portuguese) from IDG
> http://www.uol.com.br/idgnow/corp/corp2000-01-10e.shl (you can translate it
> at http://babelfish.altavista.com/cgi-bin/translate)
>
> Also check out:
> http://www.isoft.itil.com/bluncal_home.htm
>
> [lafraia@cpu lafraia]$ cal 2 2000
> February 2000
> Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
> 1 2 3 4 5
> 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
> 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
> 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
> 27 28 29
>
> C:\WINDOWS>date
> Current date is Wed 01-12-2000
> Enter new date (mm-dd-yy): 02-30-2000
>
> Invalid date
> Enter new date (mm-dd-yy): 02-30-00
>
> Invalid date
> Enter new date (mm-dd-yy):
>
> Does anybody know a workaround for this?

Yes. Check the urban legends lists for anything leap year or UFO
abduction related before posting. :)

There is no such thing as a double leap year.

And now back to your regularly scheduled time_t debate...

rw2

--
"Debugging is at least twice as hard as programming. If your code is
as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you're not