    SubjectRe: Athlon (K7) and X = crash
    On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Thomas S. Iversen wrote:

    (I have no ideas on the first question about X.)

    > 2. If we put all of the 3*128M in the motherboard it becomes
    > unstable. We suspected one bad piece of ram, but as long as we only
    > populate any 2 of the 3 dimms (in any permutation) it's stable as a
    > rock. Anyone seen this problem before?

    That sounds like a loading problem on the memory bus. My suggestion is to
    get ahold of DIMMs that have fewer chips (ie single sided, not double like
    most 128MB units), possibly a different brand of memory. Check with
    Microstar if they've tested with 3*128MB DIMMs of the type you're using --
    it's possibly a legitimate hardware incompatibility.

    > Btw. Isn't there some kind of archive over the posts on this list?

    Yeap! But there aren't many q's about K7s yet. I normally get to them
    via the links on

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.018 / U:84.440 seconds]