SubjectRe: I vote for updated RAID and KNFSD
*sigh* At this level of Internet seniority, being reduced to "me too".  I
feel strongly about this; For KNFS, I see no *significant* reason to delay
it. It fails just fine if you have old tools.

I'd **really** like RAID to go in, and not just because I work for a
distribution company and we are forced to include it. If there are bugs
in it, then lets get them out and fixed. I don't believe that there are
any issues involving nuking existing stuff, though if there isn't a long
and loud document in Documentation, then there should be.

As someone pointed out, not having RAID is getting to the point of saying
that Linux isn't able to deal with conventional hardware and has become
a basic support issue. Of course, we walk a fine line between "buy better
hardware" and "we can support your cheap stuff as if it's better hardware".
But, as we support x86, I don't see anyway out of that dilemma.

Ciao!

--
I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
-- Groucho Marx

The Doctor What: <fill in the blank> http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.060 / U:0.080 seconds]