    SubjectRe: v2.3.17pre1 - Patches, Complaints, Questions and Jubilations
    > + if [ "$CONFIG_PPC" = "y" ; then
    > + dep_tristate 'Apple Desktop Bus mouse support' CONFIG_ADBMOUSE
    > $CONFIG_BUSMOUSE
    > + fi
    >
    > Hmmm. Shouldn't ADB mouse support be available on 68k Macs as well?

    Yes. My fault. Need CONFIG_ADB ..

    > vendor. Wouldn't it be more correct to have a generic "USB scanner
    > support" option, and then have the HP-option depending on this one? Even

    No. USB has an official open API for scanners, and then several vendors
    have their own (often because the official API was standardised a bit late)

    > This patch also removes the EXPERIMENTAL flag from the 3c523 & 3c527
    > drivers (they are known to work well), and the EXPERIMENTAL-text from the

    Umm.. I've had very few test reports from the 3c527.

    > I also moved AT1700/AT1720 out of 'Other ISA cards', together with DEPCA,
    > as both of these adapters support MCA as well, and added a separate
    > submenu for Wireless LAN.

    Ok

    > A question: why is the IBM lanstreamer out-commented? Is it non-working?

    The driver was never finished for some complicated reasons involving the
    old (anti-linux) IBM. It can be deleted although the driver may now be getting
    finished

    > instance I considered it VERY strange that Iomega Buz & Zoran
    > ZR30657/36060 options should be inside the if-statement for QIC-02 tape
    > support... I moved them out of there and into Video for Linux, where they
    > probably belong.

    Sounds like a patch miss - they should be in V4L

    > 8390.c: In function `NS8390_trigger_send':
    > 8390.c:1092: warning: unused variable `ei_local'

    Not this one again. Its not a bug, its used on some non x86 builds ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.022 / U:1.516 seconds]