SubjectRe: es1371 midi_read patch
Alan Cox wrote:

> Your patch certainly looks correct. The difference for O_NDELAY is 'does it
> wait if nothing is ready'

Wait a minute. We have both semantics in kernel drivers.
Ted's random does it the way you suggest it, but it does
look from the code that it hasn't been that way all the time.

Parport/Printer stuff seems to do it the way I do it,
and the tty stuff can be configured obviously (using the termios
stuff).

Is there any argument for or against one behaviour except
OSS behaviour? Standards? I didn't find anything useful
in the online unix98 spec.

We can discuss about changing the semantics, the patch proposed
however looks (as the author also states) like an (IMO rather ugly)
hack, Ted did it much more cleanly in his random driver.

Tom

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:2.574 / U:1.496 seconds]