SubjectRe: Amanda VFAT Incremental Backups Broken in linux-2.2.1[12]
DONT BACKUP VFAT INCREMENTALLY

There is only one date on a file on a VFAT partition and as every command
down to the DOS copy command preserves that date you cannot see what's
been changed.

Hopefully the ctime is being set to now (or now-1); this is the
_right_ thing to do.

There is a good feature of VFAT (I _DONT_ believe it !!! a GOOD feature in
VFAT!!!!!!!) in the archive bit. This would provide reliable incrememtal
backups ... but it can't be mapped onto Unix semantics.

--
Rob. (Robert de Bath <http://poboxes.com/rdebath>)
<rdebath @ poboxes.com> <http://www.cix.co.uk/~mayday>