SubjectRe: Re: Is ide-scsi + scsi-cdrom a replacement for ide-cdrom?
On Wed, Sep 29 1999, Jens Benecke wrote:
> How far is the IDE changer code? Can I put a couple (four) IDE CD changers
> into my server so that it can act as CD jukebox, and this works? The disks
> will be (more or less) all mounted, or probably I will configure autofs. It
> would be nice if someone could patch autofs so that it mounts all CDs under
> /autofs/$CDROM_LABEL, any idea about this?

I haven't worked that much with changers, but I see nothing
wrong with the configuration. If you need all trays mounted
at the same time, the /dev/changer patch would probably
come in handy. I don't know how well it works in real life
(one could easily imagine the scenario where all the time
would be spent changing discs and no real work would get
done).

You could also go for a big SCSI changer.

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
* Linux CD-ROM Maintainer