    SubjectRe: The Linux Kernel Project Management System (INITIAL PROPOSAL)
    On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > > > Don't you think it is a little unfair to get people interested in
    > > > infrastructure that you have no intention of supporting at commercial
    > > > levels? What happens when you get interested in something else?
    > >
    > > Do you think any of us here care? Many of us are here, supporting a
    > > non-commercial project, at non-commercial levels. I think you just
    > > insulted most of us.
    > Uh huh. Sure.

    I don't usually participate in flamewars, but he's right Larry.
    You just insulted most of the Open Source community, even though
    you seem to be using Open Source as a bitkeeper selling point...

    Besides, Open Source is the _only_ guarantee that the product
    will be around in 20 years. If bitmover falls apart or gets
    aquired by someone, we have no chance in hell to keep using
    bitkeeper -- and that's all because of that weird licensing.

    of people. That is its real strength.
    work at:
    home at:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:2.180 seconds]