Subjectpci_scan, tulip, 3c59x, multiple detections and others
Hi,
I have one little question... There is bug that all new Donald's
drivers iorequests virtual memory region instead of physical address
region? It causes strange
d2864000-d286407f : eth0
item in /proc/iomem...
It seems ill, causes multiple detections and so on...
There are four solutions:
(1) modify each driver to get device physical address and do ioremap
on its own - why we are passing virtual address to device then?
(2) modify scan.c to add request_region after check_region
(3) modify scan.c to add 'PCISCAN_REQUEST_REGION' flag and do
region request on its own, without bothering driver, if this flag is set
(4) modify scan.c to add 'PCISCAN_WANT_PHYSICAL' flag, which
skips ioremap()...
If there is some consensus, what should be implemented, I can write
some code (I prefer (3), maybe together with (4))...
BTW, it looks to me like that tulip driver always use only first 128 bytes
of (MM)IO, so why it bothers with larger sizes?
Thanks,
Petr Vandrovec
vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.215 / U:0.472 seconds]