SubjectRe: Pioneer DVD 114 vs. 2.2.5 ide driver
At 07:53 PM 9/28/99 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
>The speed figure comes out of the capabilities page and as
>such I just have to believe what the drive tells me. DVD drives
>are covered by newer specs (Mt Fuji / MMC) that report the
>cap page as being deprecated, but considering the huge gaps
>drives otherwise exhibit wrt these specs, I'm suprised that
>Pioneer decided to drop the speed listing all together. A
>more fancy speed reading can be obtained through the newer
>GET_PERFORMANCE command, but I'm not going to look at that
>merely for reporting a more "correct" max speed.

I can understand that. Why not then, as I suggested, simply omit the
speed-factor if the speed value is zero. Then you don't have to worry about
it at all. If the capabilities page has the speed figure, great, if it
doesn't, don't even attempt to report it.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.043 / U:1.100 seconds]