   From: "Manfred" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:10:49 +0200

I don't think you can assume that NT has a contention problem.

Ok, but then...

I bet the contention of WinNT4 is lower than the contention of

by the same argument you cannot make this assumption either.

With that in mind, can you state anything factual about this matter?

At least for the networking, page cache, and buffer cache in 2.3.18
I think we get rather good scalability and I would be terribly
surprised if NT4 "blows us away" lock contention wise in these areas.

But hear me right, we know where we still have some problems, but Rome
was not built in a day ya know.

David S. Miller