    SubjectRe: possible spinlock optimizations
       From: "Manfred" <manfreds@colorfullife.com>
    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:10:49 +0200

    I don't think you can assume that NT has a contention problem.

    Ok, but then...

    I bet the contention of WinNT4 is lower than the contention of
    2.3.18.

    by the same argument you cannot make this assumption either.

    With that in mind, can you state anything factual about this matter?

    At least for the networking, page cache, and buffer cache in 2.3.18
    I think we get rather good scalability and I would be terribly
    surprised if NT4 "blows us away" lock contention wise in these areas.

    But hear me right, we know where we still have some problems, but Rome
    was not built in a day ya know.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:30.060 seconds]