    SubjectRe: [Q]: Linux and real device drivers
    Jes Sorensen wrote:
    > David> In article <>, Jes
    > David> Sorensen <> wrote:
    > >> These man pages (or whatever else) will get outdated, and there is
    > >> no way to enforce that they are updated. This is a free software
    > >> project, you can't just fire people for being too lazy to write
    > >> documentation.
    > David> Sure you can: ``Until you write documentation, this isn't
    > David> going into the mainline kernel.''
    > Congratulations, you just lost somewhere between 75-95% of your
    > developers.

    Yeah; I don't think that is such a hot idea at all.

    Any doc system should be non-intrusive: hackers can ignore it if they
    want to (and let volunteers pick up the slack), or write docs if they
    want to.

    Custom driver development | Never worry about theory as long
    Open source programming | as the machinery does what it's
    | supposed to do. -- R. A. Heinlein

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.021 / U:2.444 seconds]