    SubjectRe: [Q]: Linux and real device drivers
    Jes Sorensen wrote:

    > David> In article <linux.kernel.d3vh8y9e1p.fsf@lxp03.cern.ch>, Jes
    > David> Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch> wrote:
    >
    > >> These man pages (or whatever else) will get outdated, and there is
    > >> no way to enforce that they are updated. This is a free software
    > >> project, you can't just fire people for being too lazy to write
    > >> documentation.
    >
    > David> Sure you can: ``Until you write documentation, this isn't
    > David> going into the mainline kernel.''
    >
    > Congratulations, you just lost somewhere between 75-95% of your
    > developers.

    Yeah; I don't think that is such a hot idea at all.

    Any doc system should be non-intrusive: hackers can ignore it if they
    want to (and let volunteers pick up the slack), or write docs if they
    want to.

    Jeff

    --
    Custom driver development | Never worry about theory as long
    Open source programming | as the machinery does what it's