SubjectRe: [Q]: Linux and real device drivers
Jes Sorensen wrote:
> David> In article <>, Jes
> David> Sorensen <> wrote:
> >> These man pages (or whatever else) will get outdated, and there is
> >> no way to enforce that they are updated. This is a free software
> >> project, you can't just fire people for being too lazy to write
> >> documentation.
> David> Sure you can: ``Until you write documentation, this isn't
> David> going into the mainline kernel.''
> Congratulations, you just lost somewhere between 75-95% of your
> developers.

Yeah; I don't think that is such a hot idea at all.

Any doc system should be non-intrusive: hackers can ignore it if they
want to (and let volunteers pick up the slack), or write docs if they
want to.

Custom driver development | Never worry about theory as long
Open source programming | as the machinery does what it's