SubjectRe: Newer Patch: CPU-detection for older processors (<586)
David Weinehall wrote:
> Oh, and there's quite a lot of slack spaces and a few ^M (that is, DOS
> linebreaks), could you remove them? I'm being nitpicky now, but why have
> 8 spaces when you can have one tab...

I disagree with the "nitpicky" part. This is not nitpicky.

Really, it's MUCH better to have the tabs/spaces thing right. It means
that the source formats OK for people with tabspacing=4 too.

if (...) {
printk (KERN_WARN "This is a test. %d %d %d\n",
info->a, info->b, info->c);
Note that there are two tabs before the "printk", as well as the next
line. Here with the tabspacing at 8, one extra tab could be used
before the info->a, but that would mess up if you have the tabspacing
at anything else than 8. So there is two tabs and 8 spaces before the
"info->a" line.

If you adhere to these rules, the sources end up looking much better,
which is VERY important for a multi-million-lines-of-code project.

** ** ** +31-15-2137555 **
------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------