Subjectfrom zhangsu
Hi,
Sorry to bother you again
I have know how the Linux run and switch the process. Linux has a vector of 32 bh, which are functions to deal some tasks on the counterpart tqueue. And it switch the process at two points, one is the end of system call(including the interrupts?),the other is the timer_interrupt.

1: But what confused me is how will Linux do when there are some other
interrupts coming with the timer_interrupt in Intel achitecture.
2: And I know, at the end of start_kernel in main.c, it call the init() function in main.c, and do some init job , start some daemon, but what is the
diffirence between this init() function and the init_task, and when does the
kernel execute the init_task?
Thanks.
Best regards.
Zhangsu
I am looking forward to your answers.
Are you still been doing protected/real mode programming?
I have just do a little program which in real mode.First I put a tab in front of the first instruction of my procedure which will run under protected mode,then
I construct some descriper using LEA or others with tab, then I can jump to the protected mode to run. Although I can learn something through these simple programs,but I am not still quite clear about protected programing.Such as,when Linux running under protected mode, are its data structures of GDT and IDT in the space of the kernel with the code of kernel? And the LDT is settled in the user space of the memory? (the memory management is just to manage the space of the user space out of the kernel?)
Best regards.
Zhangsu.