    SubjectRe: [patch] kernel API documentation system
      Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch> writes:

    > Putting auto generated documents in the same directory as the static
    > ones is a bad idea imho. It makes it hard for people to keep track of
    > what can be deleted and what cannot.

    Maybe 'Documentation/api/', then?

    > Well this makes it impossible to look at your patch, try using a sane
    > encoding format such as uuencoding or plain ascii.

    Oh, come on. MIME is extremely common these days. The fact that you
    use an antiquated mailreader which doesn't understand it is hardly
    Jeff's fault. I could understand a complaint of "not everyone can read
    MIME, could you repost a uuencoded version?", but your complaint is
    abrasive enough to be unreasonable.

    --nat

    --
    nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs