SubjectRe: knfsd support for CROSSMNT

>>>Jeremy Katz said:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Neil Brown wrote:
> > The knfsd sources mention an export option called "CROSSMNT" which is
> > unimplemented.
> > My best guess as to what this means is that it is allowed to cross
> > mount points. In any case, I have taken it to mean that, and
> > implemented it with the following patch.
>
> This is one thing which is really useful IMO. I used it frequently with
> the user-space NFS and have missed it greatly since going with knfsd.
>
> [snip]
> > My first question is: should we leave the flag called "crossmnt" or
> > should we change to the name that SGI/IRIX uses and call it "nohide"?
>
> I'd say to follow the Irix option. One less thing for admins who have to
> deal with both to remember a difference between.

It would be nice to be able to mount with any of the three possibilities:

1) Solaris style (show the underlying filesystem without regard for the
covering mounts on the servers filesytem. This what the option
CONFIG_NFSD_SUN=y gives you.)

2) The current Linux default. (Hide mount points.)

3) The new "crossnmt" style.