    SubjectRe: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?

    > Just a final question: was the problem solely caused by the packet scheduler

    Yes. And it was utterly stupid.

    > in the device drivers that we nevertheless should try to find and fix?

    It is always useful 8)

    At least, looking at isdn, I see that it sometimes forgets to mark
    NET_BH clearing tbusy. And even the fact that in the cases when
    it does not forget it, clearing tbusy and marking bh are made
    in different parts of code tells that the driver assumes wrong things.

    I have to recoginse, it is exactly the reason why all the reports
    on bugs related to isdn were directed immediately to wastebusket.
    Certainly, I apologize, but if the bug were not confirmed for ethernet
    and slip, this politics would be continued.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.017 / U:17.204 seconds]