    SubjectMaking kernel headers compile with C++ & libc5
    Someone posted last week that linux/socket.h fails to compile under
    c++, because of the use of implicit casts in inline functions that
    return NULL. This is a problem because it means that people using
    libc5 (which uses the kernel headers) can't compile some c++
    programs.

    Further to the patch to include/linux/socket.h I've just posted, I've
    just done a quick search through the kernel header files. The same
    simple problem may affect at least the following headers:

    ghash.h
    pci.h
    proc_fs.h
    skbuff.h
    sunrpc/stats.h

    Are these headers included when compiling libc5 programs with c++? If
    so, I'll make a simple patch to try to fix the problem.

    Sean

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.026 / U:0.440 seconds]